Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things Happen So Quickly Around Here


I often think of this quote from "The Wizard of Oz" when things happen and my life feels like it is spiraling out of control.

As much as I like keeping busy I am one of those people who needs daily quiet time to cope. I am active in lots of things but need a lot of time to myself. I like to have a routine and quiet.

The past week has really spiraled: in a good way, but still overwhelming. First of all my great niece contacted us to meet her in Colorado the first week of June. Doug and I worked to make arrangements and will be driving up to see her, the baby who is the center of "Hope" and my brother-in-law. The sad news was with that trip I didn't think we could also afford for me to go to Washington to see my daughter's family.

Then last night our daughter called and they made arrangements for me to visit for two weeks in April. I'm so excited to see my young grandsons. I will also get to see my niece and the baby. What a joy for this Grammy.

But at the same time I'm making lists of all the things that suddenly have to be done before I go...besides packing and all that. Two articles for the "Tombstone Times" my RoundRobin for the Sketchbook group, nine zendalas for the Sketchbook group, a painting for the ArtHouse Project, the Phoenix Writers Club newsletter, and 11 Remains of the Day pages. And a few other odds and ends. Seems a bit overwhelming. Sometimes I wonder how I get myself in to all these things but then I remember how much I enjoy doing them. Making art, sharing art, helping other writers, receiving things from other artists in trade, writing and learning new things every day. These are the things that make me smile and make my life worthwhile.

So, I am reminding myself now how much all these things mean to me. How wonderful it will be to see my boys and the baby. I will have special time with my daughter and son-in-law and my niece who is more like a daughter.

How lucky can a person be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.