Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Saturday, January 1, 2011

National Nearly Everything Month

Roni over at Ink Stains listed some of the celebrations and events for January. I found it very interesting that this is Celebrate the Past Month, International Creativity Month, National Book Month, National Hobby Month and National Letter Writing Month. WOW! Some of my absolute favorite things are being honored this month.

I spent the morning looking at the challenges I have joined: The Sketchbook Challenge here, The Strathmore
Online Workshop here and Milliande's Art Journal January here. With all these workshops and the resulting practice I hope to see a lot of improvement in my own sketches this year.

Meanwhile, I've been busy in my Corner Studio making Remains of the Day style journals, Inner Critics, and wall hangings.

When I was visiting the Grandsons this summer we went on daily walks and collected treasures. So for Christmas I made each of them a treasure box. This is Alexander's...
And this is Brendan's. The images came from a wonderful children's book I found at the thrift store.

The last thing I want to share is the wall hanging I did for KC Willis' class. Although she warned about the type of images we used I just had to do something connected to Elvis. This is mine and it has a prize spot on my wall. If you aren't familiar with this wonderful online class you can find out more here.
So here we are with a whole new month and a whole new year to look forward to. There is certainly plenty to keep us all busy. I'm off to work in my sketchbooks.
Happy New Year One And All.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Rita! You sound like you have a lot on your to-do list like I do...I also want to work more in my journals this year :) Wishing you all the best and looking forward to watching your progress. Fondly, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bicycle box and your KC style wall hanging is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects and bet the boys will treasure their boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you another amazing year, Rita!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.