Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Monday, March 21, 2011

Fairy Wings and Magic

 It's a dreary, cold, rainy day here in the desert. That just makes it more fun to write about my mini-me fairies getting ready to head out into the world.



 Last week I showed you my mini-mes and their prospective wings (Here.)

Since then I've made backgrounds on watercolor paper with acrylics spread on with an old gift card and left to dry. A dark green ivy stamp, drawings of birds and flowers with added bling added to the fun background. Meanwhile, butterfly and moth wings were added to a childhood photo of myself. Then that was added to the top along with the word that describes my fairy self "Believer."

This project was done as a swap with the Yahoo Sketchbook Project Group. A wonderful group of ladies that has taught be so much. Eleven of us will send our little fairies to our fairy hostess, Lisa, who will swap them out and return 11 different fairies to our doors.

On the back of each one we added a current photo of ourselves which will add to the fun since most of us have never met in person. What a great way to get to know each other and experiment with new techniques.
I really got a kick out of cutting out 12 mini-mes (I have to have one for myself) and adding wings.

It felt a bit magical.

3 comments:

  1. Rita they are great. i struggled with mine; between my mother's death and the emotions from viewing long forgotten photos it was hard to complete. happy to say emotions survived and my muse has reemerged and despite an overcast day all is bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita-wonderful job!! Can't wait to see it in person1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, it felt magical to me too. In my mind, as I was working, I went back to those days -- to days that were very carefree and light for me. I wish every child had the happy memories I have. I love your page. So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.