Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Day!

My friend, Quinn McDonald is having a Celebration today for the release of her new book, Raw Art Journaling: Making Meaning, Marking Art. She is giving away an Inner Critic. Check out her blog and the Excitement over at QuinnCreative.

The release will actually be tonight at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, Arizona. I can't wait to go, she's going to have cookies and M&Ms.
Here's the book, the piece on found poetry I submitted for the book, and an Inner Critic.

Believe me. It took a lot of zipping that Inner Critic to get that piece made and submitted. A huge step for me. And look at the outcome. So, although our Inner Critics may be helpful at times, they should also spend a great deal of time zipped.

I hope to see some of you at Changing Hands tonight. Or perhaps at the A.R.T. (Artists of the Round Table) yahoo art group where Quinn is teaching a class based on her book. You have to join the group to participate but it is free. If you've never taken an online workshop here's your chance to give it a try...you only have to buy the book.

Now go make art.


1 comment:

  1. you are published???
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    i am very happy for you!
    tell us more about the book please?
    again, yahooooo!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.