Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Street Performers

Here's another spread from my Washington travel journal. I did this in the car on the drive from Seattle to Yakima with only a pencil, Pitt Pen, waterbrush and strips cut from a Peerless Watercolor Paint Book. (If you aren't familiar with these paint books they are wonderful for travel.)
.
This page was done from memories of the street performers or buskers at the
Pike Place Market a few days before.

We passed this guy and his piano which obviously came out of the van behind him.
He was a fun player and sang a song that had everybody laughing. We went on down the
street for a bit and when we came back he was gone and somebody else in his place. They
must have this schedule down to the minute. It's amazing.

When I spotted these three guys from the back it was like stepping back in time.
Not that I ever saw the Beatles in person.


They were really pretty good as you can see and hear from this short video.
video
I wish I had filmed them longer. I didn't realize at that point just how much video my little Kodak could actually hold. I figured that out much later.

I've been anxious to show this video to my friend who just spent a month in London and wrote about the buskers there. It was funny when I found a bit of London in Seattle.

2 comments:

  1. Once again your talent shows. I am jealous. Keep up the good work. Thanks for creating and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by to respond to your question/comment on my blog today, but became mesmerized by your blog and the fun things you share on it. I especially like the travel journal and enjoyed reading about your time in Kansas.

    Don't ask why the people who own the Museum of Ancient Treasures call it that, because there are so many more things there than ancient treasures. In fact, just the first floor has the ancient stuff (lots of BC and really, really ancient stuff), then the second floor has military displays we were not allowed to photograph, and the third floor had movie memorabilia, music, and lots of 20th Century stuff. Unfortunately, that is the name of the Museum and I can see your concern about the museum's name. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.