Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesdays With Rita: To Do Lists

Susanne, a friend and member of one of my writing groups, commented the other day that my blog always makes her think. Me too,

This week I've been so busy I haven't had much time to think . . . at least I haven't come up with any worthwhile thoughts. I've tried writing a few blog posts but none of them seemed right.

There goes that Inner Critic, Again.
        





So, I sit here at Barnes and Noble with a strawberry/banana smoothie trying to come up with something different to write about. But my brain is hung up on the other things I should be doing.

Sometimes it helps to get those things down on paper so here goes:
1. Finish my article on haunted Tombstone for the  Tombstone Times journal.
2. Work on the Web site for my genealogy business.
3. Get caught up in the workshop Quinn McDonald is doing over at the A.R.T.Yahoo group for her new book, Raw Art Journaling: Making Meaning, Making Art.
4. Plan prompts for the Writers Inspiration Group tomorrow.
5. Work on my mystery novel.
6. Work on other articles I have started but don't seem to finish. (That Inner Critic, Again.) .
7. Start the newsletter for the Phoenix Writers Club.
8. Do my blog. (hehe)
9. Go home and clean house, including sorting through all the boxes we recently took out of storage.
10. Work on the Martin genealogy so I can include the family information with the photos I took this summer in Washington
11. Get ready to Finish This Book (by Keri Smith) with Arlene at Spirit Essence Art. (I did buy it while I was at B&N.)
12 Weed the garden and get it ready for fall planting.

You know what? It works. I feel more focused. I can finish that article and write another blog post for today so this really will be "Tuesdays With Rita."

What's on your list?

2 comments:

  1. Rita - I see your list is just as long as mine is! It drives me crazy sometimes, but I get myself into all of it because I want to. I didn't know you were writing a mystery novel! Perhaps I need to do a blog post too, because otherwise this comment will be soooo long. LOL. Thank you for mentioning our Finish This Book project too. That is one of the things on MY list - to figure out how to run the challenge and where to have us "report in" regularly. Seems like your taking the time to write it all out has helped you get started on it and feel more focused. Great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the Susanne you mentioned about in your blog. After I read about me I didn't read the rest. Just kidding! Isn't it wonderful to have all those creative choices in your life. Reading your list made me think of all the projects in my own mind that needed to be started. Thanks again for making me think. And I better get started.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.