Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Imagine That

Imagine my surprise when I picked up the phone this morning and it was my grandson, Brendan, telling me he saw his puppy on the computer. He was so excited. See my last post here.

When my daughter got on the phone and explained what was going on I asked her to write the story up to share:

Hi, Mom. About a month ago, Brendan kept wanting to sleep with me at bedtime. He was very upset when I told him he had to sleep in his bed. When I asked him why he wanted to sleep in my bed so bad he said "because I miss you, Mommy". So, I tried to think of something that I could give him, to sleep with. Then I thought of my "Puppy". When I gave it to him, I told him that this puppy was very special and I loved it very much. I told him that when he sleeps with it at night, and it would be like he is with me. He got a huge smile on his face and went right to sleep. He has slept with it every night since, and also makes sure that he has it at nap time. When I was reading your blog today, I showed Brendan the picture and asked him who was in it. He screamed, "It's my Puppy!!" It makes me feel so good, that a special toy I had growing up, can now bring my son comfort. I keep trying to remember who gave me that puppy, but it really doesn't matter. All that matters, is what it meant to me, and now means to Brendan.

P.S. I still think those ornaments are ugly! :-P"

Imagine That!?!

I don't remember who sent it either. But to have the photo and now have this photo is PRICELESS.

Happy Holiday Memories


3 comments:

  1. What a darling little boy and such a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just to cool! I guess your daughter got your gene for caring for and saving precious things. Lori de Froup

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool!
    and how beauti-FULL is that smile
    Merry Christmas!
    hoping and wishing you the best
    a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.