Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Owls Have It



My friend, Barbara, and I have started meeting at Barnes & Noble every Thursday to share coffee/tea, companionship and creativity.

Last week I started on this owl from a magazine ad.



I then gave the torn out page to Barbara to do with as she pleased. Imagine
my surprise when I went through my blog roll this morning and found this.

You can read more about this fun owl at her blog and also see another way she challenged herself.

What fun it is to share something we both enjoy. I've been trying so many new things since I met Barbara and really appreciate her friendship and creativity.

The owl was done in a Canson Mix Media 7x10 art pad with a Rapidosketch .50 pen. I'm trying to decide if I want to add some color. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I'm still ooohing and ahhhing over your owl, Rita! I love him in black and white! If you want to try color and aren't sure, you could make a copy of him and try the color on the copy. Just thought. I really love him just the way he is, right down to the way you shaded his beak! Thanks for challenging me to draw him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the doodled owls...both of them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl is fantastic! It was great seeing you last week, Rita. Your creativity knows no bounds. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes to color!
    this is really cool Rita!
    i love doodles and zentangles
    i have been busy but finally i am here enjoying your blog, yes yes yes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.