Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Art Pal and a Rooster

Barbara and I have been meeting most Thursdays at Barnes & Noble and arting. What a difference it makes to work on journals with somebody else. Especially somebody as talented as Barbara.

In her last post here she showed some things she worked on while we were together and challenged me to post my rooster which is what I spent the day on.

I started working in this Canson mixed-media journal a couple of months ago and it quickly became my bird book. I've been adding bits and pieces to the cover whenever I find some fun bird thing. This is the book I did my owls in.

My latest is this rooster. Done with RapidoSketch pens.
Doing all those feathers was so relaxing. Besides being with a friend and drinking a hot chai. Can't get much better than that.

Your turn, Barbara.

19 comments:

  1. You already know how much I LOVE your rooster! I just wish everyone could see it up close and in person. Great as this pic is, it's so much better in real life! And I LOVE your journal page! Wow! I wish that page was in my journal! I can't wait to see what we come up with when we get together tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a friend to create with! Are there tables at B&N where you can work? Ours are so crowded it's nearly impossible to sit anywhere. Love Mr. Rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get there early enough that it isn't bad. About halfway through all the students and tutors start arriving but we are already settled. We make sure and buy from the cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful rooster! He looks sure and proud of himself.
    How blessed you are to have a friend to sit and be creative with.

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drawing is amazing! :-) Keep arting!

    - - -

    Tag! You're It! 11 Questions are waiting for you!

    http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/tagged-again/

    Leave a link in my comments if you decide to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. It's time to get together again!

      Delete
  7. Oh, great art!! and that rooster is amazing!!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. You did something right. What was it.
      Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  9. Trying to comment... hope it works! Beautiful Post friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two at a time. Wow. Something is working.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. He was fun and relaxing to do. Kind of medatitive.
      Thank you.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.