Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Thursday, April 5, 2012

Who? Who?

Some of you will remember the owl drawing I posted a couple of months ago (already, that long?)
I've been eyeballing this owl journal at Barnes & Noble for a long time. (It doesn't help that it is on a display right next to the cafe.)
Mostly it reminded me of the fun Barbara and I had drawing our versions of the owl I'd found in a magazine. I showed the journal to my husband when we were there Saturday for the author signing and, well, I'm sure you can guess what I found leaning against my computer screen when I got home on Tuesday.
I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Besides being an owl and leather the pages are heavenly.
The problem? I'm afraid to write in it because it is so beautiful.

I'll get over it. For now I'm trying to decide if I want to write special childhood memories or fill it with quotes. Oh, and handling it a lot. It really is wonderful.

On another note, my aloe vera is getting ready to bloom. Actually, I've never noticed an aloe vera blooming before so this may be all it does. I've had this plant for almost 20 years and this is the first time it has decided to bloom.

It's also putting out lots of babies. If any of my local friends want a tiny aloe vera just let me know.

As I said to my husband when I found the journal,
Who? Who?

4 comments:

  1. Nice husband!! I love your owl drawing--will it get transferred into the journal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hadn't thought about putting it in the Owl journal. I'd have to reduce it but I think that's a great idea. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Love your Owl journal. ENJOY IT!! I would love a baby aloe vera plant.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have your baby aloe vera. There's one more if anybody wants it.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.