Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Art Therapy

We have been battling insurance companies for months . . . for various reasons.
Switching to Cobra, various health issues, hospital and lots of doctors visits.
Now Doug has a new job and we are again changing plans and adjusting to the
new rates and coverages.
Mostly it amounts to numerous phone call, getting conflicting information,
resubmitting and resubmitting . . .

Well, you get the idea.

Last Thursday morning was especially frustrating and by the time I met
my Art Buddy at for our afternoon arting I was rather beside myself.
I tried working on a regular collage art journal page and it just wouldn't come
together. Suddenly this picture came to the front and then that line of people in the background photo.




So this is representative of me pinching the heads off some of these insurance representatives.

As I work on these pages I start with colors and then images and then more colors. Back and forth until I'm happy with the layout. Then I add pens and more color. It's always relaxing and theraputic.

This one topped them all, however. Now when I start getting frustrated with the people I'm dealing with I just picture pinching somebody's head off and smile.

4 comments:

  1. Love this page!! It says it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page. having an art buddy is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how much I love this page, but I'll tell you again. I LOVE this page! It's even better in person!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.