Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Remember When: Kindergarten

As the school year ends my grandson, Brendan, is ready to become a kindergartner.
What an exciting time in life.

I started my school days at E. E. Morrison Grade School which I was surprised has it's own Web page.  Also it has been torn down during the years since we left Kansas.

I don't remember my teacher's name. I do remember sitting around her on the floor as she played the piano. We learned "This Old Man" which is still one of my favorite songs. There classroom was very large with windows on two sides and shelves lined up underneath.
In one corner was a really nice playhouse with child size wooden furniture.
We had our towels for nap time.

Here's our class. I think. Actually after looking closer I think this might have been First Grade but I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm the little girl in the center of the back row with the little ponytail on the top of my head.
I remember many of the names and actually went on through grade school and in to junior high with some of these kids.

Does the school where you started still exist? Have you tried to find photos of it? Is there a Web site? You just never know and it's well worth the effort to go looking for your memories.

1 comment:

  1. Yes my school still exsist. Fairview Elementary School. I haven't tried to find photos. I should. Such fond memories of the place. I agree it's well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.