Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Remember When: Rainy Days

Phoenix has had a lot of rain the last few days.
Yes, we need it and I love it but I don't like being out in it.
I feel like one of these.
As we were driving in near blind conditions on Loop 101 on Saturday I kept thinking of the following little poem:

Rain, rain go away.
Come again another day.

Then suddenly, as memories do this jingle came to mind:

I'm going to wash that man right out of  my hair,
I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair,
and send him on his way.

Hearing that as a child I always pictured a little man swirling around in the bottom of the bathtub and then suddenly going down the drain.

Perhaps he could use a duck.

What rainy day memories do you have?

Memoir prompts:
Write about something that was left behind.
What jingles do you remember from your childhood?
When was the last time you went to a park and fed the ducks?
What book are you reading now?
Did you ever take ballet or tap dancing lessons?
What is your favorite soup?
Do you prefer coffee or tea?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rita!

    What a delightful image ....that tiny man circling the drain!

    I suffer from random outbursts of vintage commercials all the time ... for no particular reason. Just last night, “You’ll wonder where the yellow went ...”

    It’s reassuring to know, I’m in good company! :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, now that one will be running through my head. lol I think there are many of us who have these bursts just be careful if you start singing them in a public place. lol

      Delete
  2. It's pouring rain right now...I love the sound of hard rain though, it's quite soothing.
    Yes...vintage commercials....jingles...."when a man suddenly gives you flowers....that's Impulse!" I think that's my favourite.


    Thanks for sharing.

    Stop by and enter my current giveaway, if you wish...tomorrow is the last day.
    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how different ones stay with each of us. Hard rain is fine if you can stay dry and warm in side. I sure hate going out in it.

      Delete
  3. It's funny how a thought train can happen with music my 4 yr old and I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.