Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Remember When: Sorting the Memories

 
 
It's always fun to travel to the coast. There are so many interesting things. And you never know who you might see.
 
A few years ago we were visiting the beach and saw the following scene.
We watched for awhile and then learned the man in the white uniform was Robert Mitchum. We talked to somebody on the crew to get him identified.

I don't remember exactly where we were and I don't know what the movie was but it was great to see such a famous actor in his element.

Another memory is visiting Seaport Village and finding a shop with nothing but clowns. We started a collection of clowns for our daughter after this but I think I was more interested in them than her. There are still a few hanging around.

(I tried to do some online research and verify the photos and the memory of the clown shop but couldn't find anything. I may have things wrong. That's part of the reason I'm writing these memories. To sort them out.)

Memoir Prompts:

What is your favorite cartoon character?

What stories have you been told about your birth?

Tell about a camping trip.

Describe a nearby park and something you like about it.

Have you ever been on a blind date?

Write about a childhood friend. What did you enjoy doing together?

Have you ever written a poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.