Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Monday, December 2, 2013

Remember When: Jogging

Jogging memories that is.
 
Here I am at about 2 1/2 or 3 years old. I don't have any idea
who the lady is. Probably a friend of my mother.
 
This was the "green house" where we lived when my parents divorced. I don't
remember the house but since we moved just down the street I saw it for
many years and it was green for as long as I remember.
 
I once told my mom I remember a chest of drawers near the back door. She said that made sense since that was where my toys were. The back yard was in common with the church yard next door. My Great Uncle Bill lived on the other side and was the pastor of the church.
 
 
 
We also had that couch for a long time. It was pink. Those little shelves are still in the family but somebody did a poor job of painting them white. Those must be my daddy's shoes by the door. I never noticed them before. Since I don't have any memories of him that touches my heart.

Putting these photos on the computer and blowing them up is helping my memories. There aren't any family members left to fill in the gaps but pictures are worth a thousand words.
 
Memoir Prompts:
 
Find a photo of you as a child and write about all the things you remember.
 
Do you remember going roller skating at a local roller rink?
 
What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftover recipes?
 
How and where were your toys kept?
 
What is one of your proudest moments?
 
Do you prefer pie or cake? What flavor?
 
Write about window shopping with a friend of family member?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Those shoes by the door are really poignant. Perhaps he was the one who took the photo, as well?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.