Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Thursday, January 30, 2014

Winner(s)

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that only two people commented on my 500th post. Thank you Ladies.

A few years ago I was in an online miniature club called the Green Sock On Left Foot On Tuesday Club. GSOLFOT. It was a zany, crazy group named after the organizer saying that it would be easier to get people to comment on blogs than to get them to wear a green sock on their left foot on Tuesdays.

Well, as far as I know the group is still around but I've moved on from making miniatures. I made some great friends. The issue is still there. I have to admit that I don't always leave comments and I"m going to rectify that. Even one word is like a pat on the back to bloggers.

So without further turning this into a soap box, I'll get to the winner(s). I decided since only two made comments Terri and Deb will both receive an Inner Critic. I'll need addresses. Enjoy!

I was talking to a friend about how she always comments on the comments she receives on her blog. She said, "Well, they take the time to comment so I should answer them!" Agreed. So if you do comment make sure and come back. I will answer.

Have a great week and tune in for more prompts on Tuesday. (Yes, I seem to have a thing about Tuesdays.) LOL

11 comments:

  1. How cool. Thank you so much. And good luck with the next 500!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. He/she is in the mail.

      Delete
  2. How Cool. Thank You, Rita. I'm excited! Good luck on your next 500 posts!
    I don't see an email address for you to send you my address. Am I just missing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rita! My mom will get a kick out of seeing your handiwork and knowing we're in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered about her. I quit doing holiday cards so I've quit getting them. She was really the only one I stayed in touch with. Hope you like the IC.

      Delete
  4. I admit to being guilty and not commenting. I will work on this habit. Greetings from Ballarat, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I feel like a bit of a whiner now but at the same time I didn't know people were having so many problems. I'm going to change some settings. I'm going for at least one word!! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Rita - I think it is the other way around easier to get people to wear a green sock on the left foot on Tuesday than it is to get them to comment. I get your blog posts via email and get bogged down trying to figure out how to comment. Usually forget I'm going there to comment by the time I get there...I do use your prompts though and as I am in a complete de-clutter mode do not want an adorable little zip-it.
    I write at least 2 blog posts a week and really empathize with the lack-of-commenting. Don't give up...the comments are not really the point although they are very FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I agree to an extent about the blog not being about the comments but they are nice to get once in awhile. If I hadn't said anything I wouldn't have known so many were trying to leave them. I know you are going through so much right now. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Frankly, I dont' remember seeing your blog on my roll in a long time. So now I need to go check on that too. It's so easy to get lost or lose something in the shuffle.

      Delete
  6. I'm really glad you voiced this issue, Rita.
    I've been such an on-again, off-again citizen of Blogland these last few months, feeling a bit overwhelmed. Nevertheless, I started to write a "Congrats!!!" on your 500th, then backed out -- I didn't want you thinking the only reason I was commenting was because of the give-away.
    I want to make some thoughtful changes in my life this year, starting with being a better friend. Now, methinks I need to purchase a green sock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought that. I'm glad the post was 'useful' to you. I've been much better. See you in Blogland.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.