Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Record Players and Word Prompt


I was so proud of my first record player. I had a few albums that I was sometimes allowed to play on my mother's stereo. Obviously I ran in and got them to display in the stand for my new record player. I can't seem to see what they are.

Perhaps I had a Beatles album


Or perhaps one of these others that are still in my collection.


Yesterday we listened to a bunch of golden oldies while we did our housework. 
They sure make the work seem a little easier.

Do you have memories of your first record player, stereo, cassette tape player or whatever was new in your generation? What have you owned since? Do you still have some of your first albums, cassettes or whatever?

Word Prompt: Music


Please pay a visit to my writer/genealogist blog here.



6 comments:

  1. You still have all your old albums? Wow. Wish I had mine-they are probably collectors items by now: " Meet the Beatles" Elton John's first album, Rod Stewarts first album with Maggie May on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have albums from the early Beatles, Beach Boys, Elvis, to Roberta Flack, Carly Simon, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, America. I don't think I have Elton John or Rod Stewart.

      Delete
  2. Papa still has a bunch including the original recording of Big John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Bad John. I'll have to take a look next time just for fun.

      Delete
  3. I still have all of my old records, too. At times I would love to get rid of them. I even go so far as to look through them to see which ones to donate. By the time I get half way through them, I have decided that I am not ready to release them. Perhaps, it is just a feeble attempt to retain a piece of my youth...change that to: "a large chunk"-Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with retaining stuff. I actually have Gordon Lightfoot in LP, 8 track, cassette and cd. I keep meaning to gather them and get a picture. We can still play them all too. I love the oldies.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.